Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I am not very good at waiting.:)

SO, there has been a list needing to get accomplished, well FEELING like it needs to be accomplished, before this baby makes its appearance.

The list included, but was not limited to:
-getting the family room more awesome
-Denny's birthday
-painting furniture
-nesting parties
-etc...

I can't remember everything on the list. What I wanted to mostly say IS that most of that stuff if not all IS DONE.

Now where is the baby?

STILL IN MY TUMMY.

I remember when I was pregnant with Alice how lots of people recommended having a birth project to work on for while I was in labor.

SO I made a quilt. I thought it was a GREAT idea to spend the first part of my labor doing something fun to help pass the time.

And then the quilt was done, and there was still no baby in the outside world. In fact I think it took more than five more hours for my Queen Alice to make her world debut.

I am not very good at waiting.

And it isn't like I have any energy to do anything at this point.  Just watch the Olympics and keep an ear out for my current offspring.  They have been really good so far<----I AM SO GRATEFUL.

Jane has been making the other kids lunch lately.  Can I tell you how much I totally dig that?!

Oh! And Denny's birthday was yesterday.  BJ ended up staying home for lots of various reasons, and so that helped the day totally rock, and be WAY LESS stressful than I thought it was going to be.
Denny had a great time with friends over.  BJ dressed up as a "bad guy" and then Denny and his friends got to "fight" him with homemade pool noodle light sabers. It was awesome until BJ was TOO SCARY and made half the little guys cry.....oh dear....

Anyways, now I am waiting, and doing some more waiting.  I am mostly fine with the waiting generally.  I would love to go into labor naturally.  But I would also love to have this baby today....you know.:)
I was really stressed about the baby coming yesterday because Denny REALLY DID NOT want a sister sharing his birthday. But now yesterday is over, and there is nothing more NEEDING to get done....except HAVING THIS BABY.  Did I mention that my Mum needs the baby blessing at church to be on the 12th of August so she can be there?:) No pressure. Well the full moon is coming.  Maybe that will be our sign.:)

Also, the flys in my house are driving me crazy. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm still holding out for the 3rd because that was my official guess. Sorry it means you simply have to be pregnant until Friday. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee, I think I said something VERY similar to Jamie when she was preggo with Charlotte.:) NO worries, I can wait until Friday. Friday would rock in fact.:) I think I need to find a knitting project or something that I can do sitting down though.:) Waiting is becoming very boring.:)

      Delete
  2. Waiting is the hardest part of anything but especially pregnancy. I was that way with James. I did not under any circumstance want to share my anniversary with my baby. Then it was a week plus later that he finally made his appearance. Good luck, at least you have the olympics to watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my last one, I hoped he'd be early--no dice. Due date came and went, and all the while I was worrying because family was coming 900-ish miles to visit and we were going to have the blessing during that time--on a certain date, getting closer and closer. Ended up being when he was only about two weeks old, if I remember right.

    ReplyDelete