Friday, July 27, 2012

Waiting for baby

Waiting for this darling baby to come has put my family on the weirdest schedule.

None of us are waking up before 9.
Then the kids watch a show and eat breakfast while Mum continues to try and wake her body up.

Then it takes basically the rest of the morning to get all the way ready for the day. Though some days that still means people are in pajamas....I am not sure what all we are doing all morning, but it ain't a lot.

Then we have lunch...sometimes around 1 or 2ish....
Jane has been making lunch for everyone lately.:) Thumbs up!:)
Alice helped make sandwiches with Jane yesterday.:) Love it!
I am a GREAT believer in teaching independence at a young age.
That may be a tiny bit due to laziness on my part.....:)

After lunch we rest and watch another show together.
Can I add that this is one of my favorite parts of the day lately?
I lay down, then Jane sits beside me holding my hand.
Alice is cuddled up right in front of me, laying down.
And my son is perched on top of me, laying down on my side basically. 
It is like they have built a human fort of babies around me.:)
I am completely surrounded by babies, and I LOVE it!:)

Then I have no idea what we do until Dad gets home.

Eventually he gets home.
He makes dinner.
Or goes out with the kids and picks up Subway or something.

Then I go on my walk up to campus.
While BJ puts the kids to bed.

Putting the kids to bed lasts a long time lately.
It involves them cleaning and playing for a few hours.
Sometimes they make it into their pajamas.

I am not home, and I am not putting them to bed, so I can't really complain about BJ's technique.:)
As long as their rooms are cleaned up, and their teeth are brushed...:)

BJ then does all the dishes for the day, and maybe cleans up the family room or does some other chore needing to be done.

I have returned home by 8ish, and am in the shower, and then collapsed on the couch.
I drink a quart of tea and have a snack.
And then I relax and watch probably Biggest Loser or As Time Goes By for an episode or two.
BJ comes and hangs out with me for a bit.

The kids are finally asleep by 10 typically.
BJ and I hang out, just chilling, and usually making jokes until about 12.
By then the quart of tea is you know....out.:)

Then we turn off all the lights, lock the doors, get ready for bed.
I go in and kiss the babies goodnight and seal it with a prayer that they will be safe through the night.
Then BJ and I have our evening prayer together.
BJ turns on the lavender diffuser and essential oils the crazy out of my feet and legs.
He waits for me to stop chatting with him, and then gives me a goodnight massage.
I have been falling asleep in about twenty minutes, which is AMAZING for me.

He is basically asleep as well.

Maybe the kids will wake up needing something.
BJ to the rescue.

I will wake up every hour or half hour at the call of nature.

Then we begin again.

*****

Not much is getting done. I will be very excited when this darling one comes out into the world. Yes, it will be crazy for awhile, but I have done this three times now, and the crazy will pass, and bodymyown will be heaven, and our family can return to a little more normal schedule.  I am VERY MUCH looking forward to recovering from this pregnancy.:)

I need to make 3-4 little Jedi robes today.  Anyone want to do it for me?  I just want to lay on the couch.:)

1 comment: