Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BJ IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO A CLAIR. He is basically my soul mate.;)

Can I just positively vent for a minute?

BJ WAS SO PREPARED TO BE MY HUSBAND.
DUDE.



In SO MANY WAYS!

There have been several times where I have really felt a need to do something, or change something in our lives and he has totally backed me up every time. (Spending a grand on the garden every year? Done.And can I add we were living in the actual desert at the time?:))  And not just cause he is awesome(though he is AWESOME), but because he had already had experiences in HIS life that made what I was feeling feel totally right to him too.

Two really easy examples:

1.FOOD CHANGES-
-BJ has totally been awesome about the crazy food changes we have made over the years.
I really think him self-choosing to be a vegetarian for awhile in his youth prepared him for that.  Also his awesome mom introducing him to all sorts of different fruits and veggies that most kids never see.  Kumquats, even I have never had one.;)

It would have so been awful to have to go through all the chronic illness that I have, and found what I needed to change nutrition wise and not have the support of my husband.  I know a gal who has to have such a strict diet, and her husband still expects her to cook all sorts of things she can't eat for him. That would be really hard.  He could at the very least cook it himself!

2.HOMESCHOOL. Is it one word? Oh dear.:)
-Anyways, BJ was totally home taught as a youth.  I have not always been a super homeschool advocate myself.  In fact, I thought I was too crazy or disorganized/illiterate/etc.....to do it.  BJ was home taught and then happened to graduate at 12.  I remember when I was pregnant with Jane having terrible nightmares that she would come walking and talking out of my womb, and that I would have to homeschool her because she was super brilliant like her Dad.  Gradually over the years though I have had lots of experiences with talking about homeschool to friends and family, and dude, I am converted.  Public school is not evil, but I really appreciate the pros of homeschooling my kids.  And BJ was prepared his whole life to have a wife who wanted that for his children. (Even when she didn't know it yet!:)

Today I had some fears about the choices we were making, and just worrying about doing the right thing.(I spent way too much time on the Provo School District  and Utah Education websites today....not good homeschool kharma friends...), and I emailed me sweet love with all my doubts and worries and concerns, and he emailed me back reminding me of the answers to prayers we had received, and just totally helping me remember what we were trying to accomplish and how he was totally there with me in what I believe is right for our kids right now.  It was SO WONDERFUL.  Being on the same page is so awesome feeling.

I think that it so rocks. And I don't think it is coincidental.  We didn't talk about these things while we were courting, so that didn't create this wonderful thing.

I think Heavenly Father knew BJ was just the right guy for this Clair and helped me find this guy through crazy odds.:)

Anyways, BJ rocks. At least to me.  And he is so exactly what I needed for a husband/helpmeet/best friend/lover/companion/etc...:)

I am so grateful he was prepared to have me for a wife.:) SO GRATEFUL.:)   I'm kind of a crazy gal you know?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment