Saturday, July 21, 2012

Family Flowers:)

My body is so funky feeling today, and my brain is having the hardest time thinking things through in a clear way, but I am just so full of these thoughts I just got to get out.  This post is maybe a bit more journal-y than interesting to anyone reading it.  I just really wanted to write down the thoughts of today.:)

Here goes:

Ever since I can remember I have always loved flowers. LIKE TO THE MAX.  I had a garden, a real veggie and flower garden of my own, that I initiated myself, and begged to have at a very young age.  I remember ordering seed and plant catalogs when I was 12.:) In fact there is a ginormous butterfly bush that I ordered from a catalog all by myself(I don't think I asked permission), and planted at my Mum's house...:)

A few months ago I was reading a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and realized that all my life I thought I loved looking at the decorated rooms for the furniture, or architecture, but when I really looked at the pictures of rooms that I loved IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE FLOWERS AND PLANTS!!:)

When Jane was born I was SO NOT DOING THE PINK THING.  I was all about the pale yellow and pale green.  AND THEN SHE WAS BORN and she was SOOOOO PINK!  SO pink and white and she just looked amazing in pink....so I gave into it.:)

Jane just had the most beautiful skin. It was so white and pink. SO WHITE AND PINK.  Just like a rose. JUST LIKE A ROSE. And right then and there our family bouquet started to form.



I guess it started even a bit before that.

BJ once brought me 5 dozen daisies across state borders when he visited me once because he remembered that five was my favoritest number ever, and daisies were my most favorite flowers.  That makes 60 daisies, and it kind of became a symbol in our relationship.  When he gave me those flowers I felt so surely in my heart that if it was up to me, this was the guy I wanted to spend eternity with.:) (AND I AM!!!:)



So, daisies are our "family flower", and Jane is our pale pink/white rose.:)  Denny is a boy, but even then his flower was SO EASY to pick. From the very moment, INSTANT, he was born he was my Sonshine.  My absolute Golden Son, and his flower is the sunflower.  He is so radiant and manly and strong.  He is a powerful spirit in our family and so protective and wonderful.  Just like the tallest sunflowers.:) He is going to be a beacon in his life of awesome things.:)



Alice was really easy as well.  When she was born she just embodied the most deep, velvety red rose. 
She was such a soft and velvety tiny baby.  And so rosy.  In fact, we called her our rosy posy baby for a long time.:)



Our newest little darling baby is an EASY pick for flower.  I mean, she is Heidi ROSALIND, our darling Heidi Rose, our Baby Rose.:)  I haven't seen her yet, but I think this is going to be her family flower:

That is just exactly how her spirit feels so far.  So pink and darling and here I am!!:)

If BJ had a flower, I always picture blue bachelors buttons. Something old fashioned and classic and that could fit in a button hole on his vest or jacket.;)


And as for me, golly, what flower would I be?  An old fashioned pinky peachy rose?  A yellow rose?  I love ranunculas and dahlias A MILLION. Someday I am going to sell dahlias at a farmers market.:)  Some old fashoined, feminine type flower, that is for sure.:)

Anyways, I think our family bouquet ROCKS. Someday, when our family is finished, I want to get our family bouquet painted. :)  It is kind of funny that we have a family bouquet, but there it is.:)  If I had a million dollars(or really probably about 30) I would request this bouquet every time I had a baby.  That would be MY BIRTHday present of choice.:) (We give everyone BIRTHday presents in our family when the baby comes:).

Today was spent buying last minute things, BIRTHday presents(hence it being on my mind), and plain getting last minute things DONE.

My body is tired to the max, and starting to act funny.  This is always such a weird stage because my body is starting to show some of the signs of getting ready for birth, but dude, it could go on for weeks for all I know.:)  Today I have been super achy and emotional and lots of pressure building.  But seriously, it COULD be several more weeks.

Anyways, I hope YOUR weekend is full of lovely times!  I am getting so excited about our family and our family's plans for the future, and how it is growing!  I love my little growing clan so millions.:)

Happy Saturday!

QUESTION: So what flower would YOU be?  What flower would YOU pick for a Clair?:)

1 comment:

  1. My sister's kids have flowers, too! There's a daisy, a rose, and a sweetpea. I don't know if her son has one, but she has a girl on the way and I'm sure she'll have a flower, too. :) My kids have songs.
    I think you're a dahlia - either a deep red or deep pink. :)
    I love daisies, but I also love yellow roses . . . and gerbera daisies (SO MUCH!) and sunflowers. That's a hard pick!

    ReplyDelete