Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BONUS POST: A MILLION DOLLARS

When BJ proposed to me he wrote me a song.  These are the lyrics.:)

Marry Me
By Bernhard Johann Hamaker

You’re not a fool to pick me out of the blue
I’m an alright guy
But I’m telling you
I’m not the Adonis seen in your eyes
When you look at me I could swear you think you’re looking at He-Man
<humble pause where I giggle>
So when I get a rest
Put your head on my chest and sigh

It’s been good so far and I can tell you
That the future’s bright
But I think we both know
That dreams don’t just work out overnight
You know, I bet you believe that I’m gonna make a mill-i-on dollars
(Maybe I will.)
But until that time
Press your sweet lips to mine and kiss me

All your waiting for me, Dear, with bated breath is sure to come
To a fabulous end
We’re both thinking, “finally, we can experiment on our chemistry”
Since we’re together again
(It’s so good to be with you!)

So we’re free from now to do as we please
Within reason, Dear
And I’ve told you my goal
To fulfill by the end of the year
If I could make a request for your assistance and collaboration
Dress up like a princess
Please put on a white dress
And marry me


It is an AWESOME song in person.:) 

So in one line of those awesome lyrics BJ mentions that I think he is going to make a million dollars.

And I really do think he will someday. When a dude graduates high school at the age of twelve I really do think that is a sign he is meant for greatness, or at least that he is smart enough to make a million dollars at some point...:) And since BJ totally fits that bill I think he will someday.

In fact I have a framed contract that we made a few years ago that states that if he ever does make a million dollars he has to take me to Paris for a shopping spree....that includes at least one super sparkly item.;)

It is such a fun thing to think about....making a million dollars.  Even if it never happens.

Lately our answer to that awesome question(WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD A SPARE MILL?) has been:

1.We would use the first quarter million to pay off debt and then take our kids on an epic road trip of the USA.  50 states in 52 weeks(obviously we would take a cruise to Hawaii and Alaska...<---notice I didn't say FLY, cruises are WAY more fun!:).  I should write a post just about this dream vacation.  The plans I have made are entirely epic and AWESOME!:)

2.We would take the second quarter mill and probably buy a house in Provo. Buying a house in Provo just has always seemed like a sweet investment.:) Plus I gotta finish school, and BJ wants to go back to school as well.  Might as well stay in my favorite college town for that!:) We could always sell it after that or rent it out when we were done.:)

3.The second half of the mill would be spent on education and savings and probably some philanthropy.:)

QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A SPARE MILL?:)

4 comments:

  1. Pay off all our debts (and any family debts we can help with), move to wherever we really want to settle, and then adopt adopt adopt. Oh yeah, and start my own school. :) I'd hire all my amazing teacher friends and it'd be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish the Leas of Lychten in one year, including both houses, a barn, the amphitheater and stage with proper lighting, a dance floor in the orchard for Clair, and lovely fencing around the pastures, sheds and storage for the animals. After that, I'd want to go with cousins to England and Germany so we could see where our grandparents were born, and to eat lots of European cheeses and treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! Also, I have always thought that eating your way through Italy could be a really fabulous idea.;)

      Delete