Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Perspective Today:)

Yesterday there were SO MANY options for how to spend the day.
Family reunion an hour and a half away in Price.
Lavender Days in Mona.
Llama festival in Provo....etc...:)

We have been CRAZY busy and my kids have been super neglected.
We have just been trying to get stuff done, and I am getting more and more uncomfortable by the day.

So yesterday, even though we really wanted to be there, we decided to not drive down to Price and just have a BJHamaker family reunion.  We spent ALL day together in all sorts of combinations and activities, and just remembered why we love each other all day. We made a point of celebrating each child yesterday, and it was so needed.

We woke up kind of early and went down to the Lavender Days celebration in Mona and had a BLAST.  There was a full out jousting tournament with knights and acts of valor and skill in a real jousting castle set up thing.  Jane proved once again that she is SO MY DAUGHTER by immediately pointing out the handsomest knight and absolutely falling in love with him.  Her coyness was adorable to the extreme.:)
Denny LOVED the swordplay to the max, and when we got home immediately found his own sword and shield and showed us HIS skills.:)

There were also bounce houses and rides, and lots of activities.  There was a Western town as well as the Medieval town, and Denny and BJ went to watch an old fashioned western shootout while the girls and I went to a fairy tea party in the huge gazebo.  The western town had actors from the 7 Brides For 7 Brothers cast(from the show going on up in Sundance this summer) come and do some of the dance numbers, and of course Jane loved that millions.  The fairies at the tea party were so cool.  Alice was mesmerized by them, and loved dancing with them and making wishes with their fairy dust.:)

They had lavender lemonade which was totally crazy and Ningxia Red slushies that totally kicked you in the teeth, but was somehow addciting to the max....There was u-pick lavender in the lavender fields, and live music, and face painting.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  We all got our faces painted.  Jane and I became fairy princesses.  Denny had Spiderman going on.  Alice was the cutest little bunny(we call her our little brown bunny in our family:), and BJ was the funniest.  He got fake glasses painted on, and then proceeded to keep touching his face, so basically he looked like he had black and brown smudges ALL AROUND his eyes, and chin, and ears, and EVERYWHERE.  I had to finally just clean his face off for him, it was hilarious.

Whilst waiting for the jousting tournament to start we overheard a family behind us mention that there was a Highland Games festival in Payson, right on our way home, that was FREE.  I am very proud of my Scottish heritage, but I have NEVER been able to get to the Highland Games in all my years of knowing of their existence!  SO I HAD TO GO!  I mean, it was right on the way home, and I really wanted Denny to see the caber tossing(basically a dude picks up a GIANT log on its end, and then has to flip it over....CRAZY INCREDIBLE!!). 

Anyways, so after a full day at Lavender Days we stopped in Payson on the way home and celebrated the Scotts.:) AND THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN TOO! Although, by that point we were ALL getting on the tired side(OK, I was totally wiped out by then, but dude, it was the HIGHLAND GAMES!!:).  Clan Buchanan was sadly not represented(booth wise) which was a bummer, but it was so fun hearing the bagpipe and drum bands, and watch them compete.  We saw the caber tossing and that SUPER rocked.  Guys in kilts were EVERYWHERE which we loved.  BJ so needs to get a kilt, his frame is perfect to rock that style.:)  And he is sealed into my family, so he can claim Buchanan too.:) (PS, as a side note, my favorite version of the Buchanan plaid is the ancient weave. There are several versions, but that is my preference.  I like the colors best.:)

There were a ton of fun things to see and watch.  I wish we could have spent way more time there.:)

Anyways, today I am WIPED OUT, as you can imagine.  I feel totally like maybe today we will have a baby.:)  But really, I wish the baby could wait until this coming Friday(payday:), when we will have some funds in the bank....:)

Which brings me to my perspective for today.

I was so torn about how to spend time this weekend.  I REALLY wanted to attend the reunion, but it didn't feel right. For one thing, it felt just too far, and I have been super clingy to home lately.  Maybe because I haven't had a baby here with this town or midwife before.  I just feel a need to be close to home and not out in the middle of nowhere.  I feel like it was a super missed opportunity, but I also felt really strongly that we needed to focus on our little family for the day, and if we have this baby this week then that totally makes a lot of sense to me.  These kinds of decisions drive me crazy and fill me with guilt.  But I am glad I followed the spirit and hope that other opportunities will come to spend time with extended family.  We really love them millions too.:)

I do not feel prepared in a THINGS sense for the baby to come.  There are still things I haven't collected for the home birth and such, and I really do wish my home was a bit more together.  New baby doesn't feel like the right atmosphere to be doing serious unpacking and organizing.  I also haven't even started on her blessing gown....

BUT THINGS do not make a baby come, or really make the birth of the baby.  People have been having babies in the wilderness and under all sorts of circumstances for forever.  So, while I wish I was a bit more prepared for this little one, bring it on.:)  Whenever she comes it will be perfect. And I am excited.:)

Now I am going to go eat a ton of fruits and veggies and rest in bed. I hope everyone had such a blessed weekend.  Yesterday was so crazy, but man, I LOVE MY FAMILY SO MUCH!!!! I feel so exquisitely blessed to get to be a part of their lives.  This time I have with them is SO PRECIOUS.  AH!  I love them.

THE END.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment