Monday, April 30, 2012

My Hero.:)

THIS IS A PICTURE OF MY BELOVED(and me;).


Last night I had a super disturbing nightmare.  I won't go into details, but it was so disturbing that I woke up completely terrified and like I couldn't trust anybody. It was the kind of dream that makes you feel VERY GRATEFUL not to have lived in the Nazi Germany days, or the witch hunt McCarthy era. If you know what I mean.  It was about 5am when I awoke from the dream just truly completely terrified.  And I reached over and touched BJ on the shoulder. 

And he woke up.

And he held me.  And then he said a prayer with me and gave me a blessing.

And then he read me scriptures until I felt calm again and could fall back asleep.
He read me about John in the New Testament.  And then about Elijah in the Old Testament where it talks about how the angels joined their armies.  And then he read me some beautiful scriptures out of the Book of Jacob in the Book of Mormon.

I felt so safe and eventually I calmed down. 

I am SO GRATEFUL for BJ in my life.  He is my best friend.  He makes our life possible daily, and never complains about me being chronically ill or how much work he has to do. 

This week we are moving and the posts on this blog will probably be a bit sparse and/or completely random.:) 

Today I just wanted to share a few things I LOVE ABOUT BJ!
(It would take about fifty million blog posts to share EVERYTHING I love about him;)

When we were first married BJ asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I thought of the awesomest, most impossible thing : GOING TO DISNEYLAND. And he MADE IT HAPPEN. He makes all my dreams reality.:)

When we lived in Vegas Disneyland was only a few hours away, so one year we got annual passes.  They used to sell foot long hot dogs and we would split one.:)  We would walk around the park eating our hot dog just like this picture.:) We are so silly together and romantic.:)

BJ is our RESIDENT HERO.  He can fix/build ANYTHING.  He is EXTREMELY MANLY and he is really HOT too.:) I think up all sorts of furniture/projects for him to do, and he MAKES IT HAPPEN.  He says I make our life beautiful, and I say he makes our life possible.:)

BJ loves being outside in nature and in the garden just as much as me.  In our garden in Vegas we would work together and call each other Adam and Eve.:)  He is such the perfect companion for me.:)

BJ is an INCREDIBLE Dad.  He is so hilarious and fun for the kids to wrestle and play around with.  He is so creative in the games he thinks of to play with the kids.  He also is so unselfish with his time and energy and never frets about helping out.  He just does it.:)

I gotta mention too.  BJ is an incredible musician and has written me so many beautiful songs.  He is the darlingest one.:) I am so grateful he fulfills my dreams of romance.:)

BJ is the best FOR ME.  I worry that I am getting WAY more out of this relationship than he is, but he NEVER sees it that way.  He loves me more than anyone else has in my whole life. 

He absolutely rocks, and I am so thankful that I get to share eternity with him.:)
Love you forever Beloved!

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Whether you are married, single, etc...who in your life are you especially grateful for?  Today is the perfect day to tell them you love them.:) Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect catch for you! He always did (yes, BJ I have heard about you for a long time :). I think one of the reasons you are well matched is because you are both generous on a very deep level. That's pretty much what every couple should strive for - generosity in their encouragement, validation, patience, forgiveness, time . . . yeah, I could do better at all of that. :)

    ReplyDelete