Thursday, April 5, 2012

TAKE TIME!!

So yesterday morning was DIFFICULT.  Basically I was extremely overwhelmed, exhausted, stressed.....you know.  And trying to get us all ready to go really quickly.  There felt like no time to get everything done!  Then I took a note from my blog and decided to put first things first.  I said a prayer asking for guidance from the spirit. And then I knew what I needed to do.  I needed to check my email.:)  There I found an email from the BYU Alumni peoples with an AWESOME article written about Moses who was in a previous season of the Biggest Loser.  It was really uplifting!  I totally went from feeling crazy inside to feeling peaceful and good and knowing that heaven is real.  God is real.  And God is real in MY life. 

After reading that and feeling more peaceful I said another quick prayer of gratitude for the change, and then I knew what I needed to do next.  I needed to take a few seconds to take my herbs.  I have a whole dang list of health problems(and we're not talking pregnancy here:), and most days I just feel too busy to take time to take care of myself how I need to.  It takes a TON of work for my body to feel "normal", and most of the time I just get frustrated and despairing and don't make an effort to do everything I need to do, like take all my herbs.  I have to take at least 6 ginormous herbal pills three times a day. AT LEAST, depending on how my body is doing.  That is a lot for a pregnant woman to swallow some nauseous mornings!:)  But yesterday I took them.  And then I made everyone wait for me so I could clean my kitchen and the family room.:) 

And no one minded.  It was no big deal to take the time I needed to feel ready.  It didn't make our day any worse. In fact, IT MADE THE DAY A MILLION BETTER.

Taking the time to add the spirit to my day and to take care of myself made my day better and happier. 

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: WHAT IS ONE THING YOU NEED TO DO FOR YOURSELF THAT A LOT OF DAYS YOU DON'T DO BECAUSE OF......WHATEVER....? TODAY DO IT! And tell me how it made you feel! Tomorrow is the last day for this week's giveaway!  Hope your day is AWESOME!!  We are heading up to temple square today!:)

GONNA GET OVER YOU by that Sara Bareilles has SO BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD LATELY!  So upbeat and fun! And it is all about letting go! Let go of all that bad and ungood for ya and move onto the awesome!!(ok, not all the lyrics may be perfectly applicable...but you know...:). Make someday today!:) Go look it up on youtube.  Plus the dancing is super fun.:)

2 comments:

  1. I think you are writing these posts for me. Let me just believe that, OK.
    Eating breakfast, is my thing I forget to do for myself. I ate it and I feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been very good at saying personal prayers for some time now. You inspired me, Clair. :) I said one a little bit ago, and it felt good. I really need to make that a priority. It's hard b/c I really like to take a long time at it and you're well aware that's hard to do with a crowd of little people. haha I always have too much to say.

    ReplyDelete