Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Red, Blue, White, Yellow-which color are you?:)

One of the books I picked up at the library this week was Dr. Taylor Hartman's THE PEOPLE CODE. Actually what I did was TRY to pick this book up at the library and instead had to get the sequel, I think called the CHARACTER CODE(the book is over there on my desk out of reach....Alice is sleeping on my lap:).  And I ended up buying THE PEOPLE CODE from Amazon.



THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST BOOKS EVER! It is basically a book about finding your personality type, and I think that is so fun.  I remember my sister Heidi showing me this book when I was a young teen and  the both of us sitting down and figuring out what personality group we fit in.

The book has a test you take and then you fall into one of four "colors": red, blue, white or yellow. You can take a quick, smaller version of the test on the color code website.  The website tells you a little about the main color group you fall into.  The book obviously goes into much more in depth details.

I AM A BLUE. Holy cow am I a blue. I have taken the test a few times and it is always so funny to me HOW BLUE I am.  It has been really helpful to know myself in this way.  There are good and bad traits for every color.  Reds are known for their leadership...as well as their bossiness for instance.  Blues are emotional but also have the deepest relationships.  Yellows are easy going but can also be known to be irresponsible.

I have loved this test because of what it tells me about my family and other relationships in my life.  BJ and I have grown closer by understanding our personality colors better.

Anyways, I don't know how to write a convincing post about how this book rocks.  I am so not wanting to write today.:)  Just go check it out and find out for yourself how much it rocks.  KNOW THYSELF!:)

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Take the online test and see what color you are! www.colorcode.com

2 comments:

  1. From my yellow perspective:
    "Work is a necessary evil."
    Not really.
    Some work is really fun.
    And when work is fun, I LOVE to work!
    But I've had some really boring jobs.
    My job now is pretty fun and engaging.
    That makes for a happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took that test as a youth, I was almost all blue. But now I'm only 60% blue and that's interesting to me. I think our memory of ourselves as children changes depending on our current situations. :)

    ReplyDelete