Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easing our burdens so we cannot feel them.:)



Today my favorite scripture of reference is Mosiah 24:14-15.

And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

I love that passage.  I love it especially because not only did you get to read the Lord's promise, but they also recorded the fulfillment of His promise.  I know the Lord sustains us too through our trials.  This last year one thing I really gained a testimony of is that the Lord not only will be with us through our trials but He has already made a plan for us to get through them. That is so heartening to me! 

Yesterday my beautiful friend Corine posted this really awesome article on facebook.  It said, much better than I could have, some of the things I have been feeling lately about comparing.:)

Check it out!!

http://powerofmoms.com/2012/04/your-children-want-you/

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: SPEND EYE TIME WITH EVERYONE IN YOUR HOME TODAY. This is something EVERYONE needs.  We get so busy and so hurried.  I know in our little family my kids are only super rotten when they start to feel neglected because we are getting too busy.  Busy times come to everyone and are unavoidable VERY OFTEN,  but we can still make the effort for a few minutes everyday to have eye to eye time with our kids/spouses/room mates/etc.  Eye contact conversation, that is what I am talking about.  Not cleaning and talking, or anything like that.  Even just a minute or two of time devoted to looking into the eyes of those around us and really listening to what they have to say. There you go! Let me know how it went! Hope your day is lovely!



1 comment:

  1. That its a very timely and important message. Kids need US! It's like the father who is frustrated that his son doesn't want to inherit the family business. We need to focus on love, not things. And we need to focus on how our loved ones feel love, not how we like to show it.

    ReplyDelete