Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Unexpected pleasures:) or I hope this in English because I am really tired today.

This is a MORGAN. I was never a car person.  I thought it was THE MOST RIDICULOUS waste of money to be in love with cars.

Sometimes we think we have already made an opinion about something(like about our personal tastes or preferences or who we are and what we can do) only to find out that there is so much more to self discovery then we could ever know.

One day I was watching a movie....and FELL. IN. LOVE. Not with Tom Cruise.  Not with any MAN.  I fell hopelessly and deeply in love with the Morgan.  And it really did feel like a crush.  I thought about Morgan all the time for like a week.  I still get heart flutters when I think of Morgan.

And then I went on their website and learned more about their amazing automobile and company and was even more hooked.

Cars are just ways to get around for me.  But the MORGAN inspires soft leather driving gloves, movie star glasses, and a Paris headscarf to protect the coiffure.:)

Self discovery, I think, is one of the FUNNEST parts of this earth life.  I LOVE IT!  And it is so fun when it comes so unexpectedly. Sometimes I learn things about myself that are somewhat frivolous.  Like the Morgan.  But sometimes I find strengths inside myself that I had no idea existed in me.

Many times it feels like I just happen onto these discoveries, and other times I feel like we can initiate self discovery.  Did you ever see Runaway Bride?  The part where she has a plate of every kind of egg recipe possible and she tries them all to see which one is her favorite is one of MY favorite parts.  BJ and I used to go on dates kind of like this.  We would go to all the Mexican fast food places and get their burrito and then see which one we liked best in a fun taste testing date experience.:)

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Is there something you have never tried before that you have always wanted to try?  Maybe feeling like you are too old, too inexperienced, too uncreative, too whatever has held you back.  We have come here with several obvious talents, but so many more hidden talents and strengths.  Why do we assume so much about ourselves based on our age, and that we have already discovered what there is to discover.  Today be open to new ideas and promptings of the spirit.  Pray to know yourself better today. Who knows what that will lead you to!  Make a plan to try something new you have always wanted to try, but haven't for whatever reason.  You don't have to DO the plan today.  Just think about it and be open to the spirit. Leave a comment that you did it!:)  Remember this week the give away is a prayer rock and chocolate to five lucky winners!  I'm still working on MY personal challenge to reach for God before the chocolate, and it is going really well!  I caught myself yesterday almost falling back into old ways, and catching myself felt good.  It feels good to FEEL the changes happening in your life.

One last example: At a women's conference last year I learned about a woman who was just a normal Mom. Middle-aged, settled in her ways and lifestyle. One day she felt really strongly that she needed to start a program in her community to strengthen the family.  From that experience it led her to a REALLY important meeting in congress where she was just sitting in the audience, with the right information to give to the right person at a very pivotal time in the meeting so that really important laws about the family could be protected.  From that experience, and from her work with her program it led her to Africa where she was on a bus and felt inspired to talk to the bus driver about his family.  From that she learned that his parents had died from Aids and his two siblings were in the orphanage they were about to visit. When he said this the spirit whispered to her heart that she was to adopt those children.  I am sure she had many opportunities to do something like that, but THIS time she felt prompted to take action.  Anyways,  what started out as starting a program to strengthen families in her community turned into a crazy adventure in Africa and adopting two children who were to become an integral part of her family.

When you think about it, what really began that process was being open to the spirit and being humble enough about who we are and what we think we are able to do.  We don't know everything.  We are full of hidden strengths and talents.  We have hidden loves and desires.  Who knows where these things can lead us!  We are incredible, amazing people with important things to do in our lives. What an exciting adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I fell madly in love with Indian motorcycles like that. Research, noticing them, wanting one, which is just silly for me because every time I drive a motorbike I'm scared silly (not like my friend Tammy who raced them!). Anyway, I understand the loveliness of a focused passion for something. I keep trying new things because Ray's taste is so much different than my own. He stretches my experience in good ways. I'm always learning something fun and interesting when I'm with him.

    ReplyDelete