Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nesting Party:)

So we are expecting BJHamaker Baby #4 this summer, and I am starting to SUPER get excited and am in serious planning/dreaming mode.:) 

Our first baby was a girl, and our second was a boy so I had a baby shower for each.  By then I had basically everything we needed baby wise. So for our third darling one we still wanted to celebrate her coming, but not with a baby shower....SO I had a "nesting party".  Basically I had a few fun projects I wanted to get done before she came and invited all my dearest friends over to come and help me.  It was also very much a celebration of my motherhood AND a celebration and THANK YOU to all my dearest friends who had helped me through such a difficult pregnancy.

We had YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY food, and I had a henna artist come and beautify my tummy and everyone else's hands or ankles if they chose.  We addressed all my baby announcements, made a special quilt, and made cute flower clips for Alice.  I also had everyone who had come sign Alice's baby book on the inside cover(like a year book), and that was REALLY neat and special.  I love reading the well wishes and love that all those women have for me and my little family.

Anyways, I have begun to plan THIS baby's nesting party and I am getting REALLY EXCITED!!!! I think I am going to have to have three because there are too many people I want to come(basically the whole town of Provo and then some....:), and my house is no where near big enough.:)

Anyways, here is the post I posted on our old family blog about Alice's nesting party.  Super fun.:)  Excuse the tummy if you think the henna art is scandalous.  I gotta tell you.  In that late stage of pregnancy I felt like SUCH A QUEEN having my tummy all gorgeous like that.  I haven't been able to find a henna artist in town that I like, but I found a kit on Etsy, and I think my artistic husband will get the privilege this time round. Sounds kind of romantic to me.:) I am not normal.:)

Enjoy! And if you are within 100 miles of my current residence I expect you to come to this years bash(es)!!! Details coming!

http://www.hamakerlove.blogspot.com/2009/06/little-bird-little-bird.html

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea, especially since it seems like the to-do lists ALWAYS get longer before any big thing, not shorter...why not have a little help and make it fun? :)

    Paul and I don't want *too* traditional showers, either. We want full control over the things our babies have someday...but we have a few funny ideas for a "MANshower"/co-ed shower (I should seriously post all about it sometime) and a book-themed shower. I'll have to add nesting parties to the list of pre-baby ideas for someday. :)

    ReplyDelete