Monday, June 25, 2012

A time to be busy, a time to be lazy...wait those aren't supposed to be at the same time right?:)

Well! I made it to my nesting period!  I am officially nesting from now until July 14th(and probably past that until the baby comes, but the BULK of the stuff gots to get itself done by then!!!:). 

I am on my annual facebook hiatus....which was LONG(SO LONG) overdue.  Why take a facebook hiatus every year? I will tell ya why.  I am a very passionate, deep feeling soul.  I love(!) my family and friends and life in general.  I have great concern for the craziness in the world today.  I want to be active in my relationships with those I love.  I like to know what is going on and be apart of it! BUT, all of this can be really exhaustive emotionally.  AND facebook is super.....what is the right word....sometimes it is really negative.  I can handle it most days, but it seems like it gets to a point where it is too much for too long and I need a break from the world.  The CONSTANT anazlyzing from inside me and everyone on facebook. DUDE.  CONSTANT.  This is right, this is wrong, you should feel this,  I hate it when people do that. These people stink, these people rock. Sarcasm to the max.....Ohmygator.

Anyways, when I notice that I start getting too involved with other people's comments, I know it is time for  a break.  I know that when I am active in MY REAL life outside of facebook that petty things do not bother me, that the problems of the world are in perspective, and I am WAY less judgemental and WAY more empathetic and full of benefit of the doubt for others.  Peaceful dude, that is the daily goal of Clair. AND BALANCE.:)

I think facebook rocks, and serves MANY benefits, but I am glad to take a break every now and then. 
You may find it funny that I need to ANNOUNCE my break, and make it some kind of official.  Why not just NOT be on facebook without the announcement?  Well, to be honest, I need the "permission", the official permission from myself.  I guess I need some kind of accountablility as well.  It is too easy to just be sneakily on facebook when I really need a break.  I may be weak in that, but oh well, I will work on that when my list of lameness list of weaknesses I need to make into strengths is a bit shorter.:)

This is such a busy time in our life getting ready for this amazing and wonderful change in our family.  Ironically my body has decided to get SUPER into pregnant mode and in my mid 30ish weeks of pregnancy all of a sudden I want to just eat, sleep, and eat some more!  I haven't been SO hungry in forever! I think I am making a human being or something!:)

So aside from my hiatus, I am also attempting to limit evening activities. That is SO HARD!  But I am attempting it in the effort to try and have time to get some of the things done off our list when I have the aid of BJ at home.  We shall see how it goes!  My Alice's birthday is this week AND we are taking a one night/one day family vacation this weekend in Salt Lake City.  Our family is so desperate for family time. OHMYGATOR.  All of BJ's time at home is being spent trying to get things done(mostly just maintenance stuff like dishes, food, etc.), and all of MY time is spent trying to rest, eat, take care of food during the day and resting some more.  My kids are SO TIRED of not having family time.  So hopefully this really short night and day in SLCwill be a super happy thing.:)  I love my little family so much!

So we are at this weird time of being extremely busy and lazy at the same time.:)  WEIRD.
I am taking a break from facebook, but I am still going to post on my blog almost everyday.  I REALLY enjoy sharing my thoughts.  And I really enjoy this exercise in figuring out what the heck my thoughts are!:) The way I feel and share love is through sharing my life with others.:) 

Hope your week is super fullfilling and full of balance and joy!
I am already feeling the peace from taking a break from the world and filling it with some more happy and peaceful things.:) (scriptures man, does a soul good!:)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! 'I think I am making a human being or something!' hahaha Love it, Clair. And, I wanted to share a thought with you. A sister in my ward shared in relief society that growing up they were told that everyone had strengths and . . . wait for it . . . FUTURE STRENGTHS! Doesn't that seem much less discouraging to think of your weaknesses as future strengths? I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, I am totally gonna remember that.:) love you!

      Delete