Friday, June 8, 2012

Singing on a piano mood:)



(yeah, I totally ripped that off google images.  I would have used a pic of ME singing on a piano, but I can't figure out my scanner/laptop connection....)

I am not really into depressing music or books or movies.  I liked Emo for like a year, but then I got married and was so happy that I just couldn't get into an Emo groove anymore.  BJ and I started calling it the sack cloth and ashes music. Emo is really pathetic sometimes in lyrics and emotion...to the max.

But I DO have like, maybe one or two jazzy, bluesy songs that I still have a yen for that are pretty dang sad.  I think it has to do with the artists' way of singing those songs too.  I REALLY love a sincere interpretation of music. You know, the kind that breaks your heart it is so REAL and authentic. I think I lost a lot of love for Emo because it just started to sound super whiny and SUPER unproactive. Anyways....

Bernadette Peters is one of those amazingly sincere vocal artists.  One of the songs I really love to listen to of hers is I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BREAK. It is pretty sad, but super yummy to sing.  The kind of song where you FOR SURE require a perch on top of a piano for really getting the mood across. 

I have the privilege of being one if not the only girl to have ever sung on top of my high school's piano.  Not really a big, important thing to anyone, but me.:) My teacher, Gorringe(NEVER Mr.Gorringe) was very strict about his piano. I sang CABARET. It was so fun.  I think there was even some stage fog. It was awesome.

Lately I have been singing again.  I was really afraid to sing for a long time, and super insecure. I LOVE TO SING.  I love that form of expression. I love a song that feels SO GOOD in your throat. SO FREE.

Two days ago BJ and I dream planned. One of our favorite dreams is to start a dance hall in Provo in the next few years. Mostly swing, but other dancing too. Argentine tango being my personal request.:). That stuff is dang fun and scandalous! Part of that swing dream is to have MY OWN band. Like a BIG BAND super swing style and awesome.  We could be Clair and the Lunes maybe;). BJ is gonna FOR SURE sing with me too. Think Keely Smith and Louis Prima to the max. But it will be MY BAND. And there WILL be a piano. And I WILL be singing on top of it at times. OH YES.

And that is the happy thought making me smile this morning. Maybe in a few years, maybe next year I am gonna sing with my very own band.  And sometimes I will break out into some bluesy number whilst perched on top of the piano. 

QUESTION: Do you have a super fun dream to dream about today?:) Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment